14 synonyms of colorful from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 42 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Synonyms for colorful at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions.

2. Find descriptive alternatives for colorful. Colorful means "possessing prominent and varied colours", interesting, distinctive, or profane and obscene, particularly in the sense of "colourful language". Though it may mean "bright-headed," another theory holds that it's derived from the Old Irish word ceallach meaning "war" or ceall meaning "church." "Colorful" language in certain contexts can also mean use of "colorful" words, such as cuss words, to help add punch to a story. **Colorful Words*** Posted by ESC on August 05, 2000.

A bruise near one’s eye.

1. Find 3,204 synonyms for colorful and other similar words that you can use instead based on 16 separate contexts from our thesaurus. Latin words for colorful include luculentus, luminosus and laetus. Used to describe something that is badly bruised. Define colorful. Full of color; abounding in colors: colorful leaves in the fall.

There is a children's story about a "teeny tiny little woman."

colorful definition: 1. John’s face was black and blue after the boxing match. Synonyms for colorful at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. That is what I thought Chesire was talking about. Kelly green is a strong and vibrant yellow green.

Kelly green. Colorful definition. Not drab or boring. Black and blue.

Find more Latin words at wordhippo.com! US spelling of colourful 2. having bright colors or a lot of different colors : 3. interesting…. (adjective) An example of colorful is a bright orange dress. Other than that, I don't know the origins.

Colorful definition: full of color or of vivid colors | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Meaning the sound of children in the house.

Interesting or diverse. By Molly Burford Updated August 28, 2018. colorful definition: The definition of colorful is a brightly colored or interesting person or thing.

Meaning Colorful Dog Name Considerations Naming that new puppy can be a frustrating task to be sure but it really doesn't have to be so if you can approach it with a plan. ‘I said a few colorful words in our language, making him laugh.’ ‘My language was colourful and consisted of mostly four-letter words.’ ‘He uttered a crude four-letter curse that would rival any sailor's colorful language, then tried to roll over again.’ ‘The colourful language made for entertaining viewing.’ This means to, either darken by putting out or dimming the lights, or to lose consciousness. Handed down from the popular Irish surname Kelly, the name of this color first became known in the United States in the early 1900s.Kelly is of uncertain origin. Asked in Planetary Science , Chemistry