Even the low-end 6.6GB is … Does your friend have an overkill computer? r/OverkillComputers: Do you have an overkill computer? Yet another CS vs IT question, just hear me out. User account menu • Is this PC overkill for a non-gamer? ... Career / Job Related Is a Computer Science degree "overkill" for a sysadmin job? I primarily need really fast boot times, web browsing, and word processing and ideally wouldn't need to replace any parts of the computer for several years. A reddit dedicated to the profession of Computer System Administration. r/computers: This subreddit is for general discussion of computers. r/OverkillComputers: Do you have an overkill computer? Does your friend have an overkill computer? Close • Posted by 1 minute ago. Please look no further to post your computer/setup. Gaming PC is offered by brandname manufacturers, like ASUS, DELL, Hewlett-Packard, Acer, Lenovo, and SIs (Systems Integrators) and are typically offered with full system warranties. A desktop PC here refers to a completely pre-built desktop computer, which is the antithesis of the self-built or DIY (do it yourself) desktop computer system. The u/OVERKILL_Almir community on Reddit. Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. Press J to jump to the feed. PowerSpec G405 - Good for business use or overkill? Is this PC overkill for a non-gamer? Please look no further to post your computer/setup. The OP asked if an i7 is "overkill" for gaming, and since most modern games play very similarly on both the i5 and i7, and in large part depend a lot more on the GPU you pair with the CPU than the CPU itself, the 50% or more price increase to get a beefier CPU … Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts Rules. r/computers: This subreddit is for general discussion of computers. (self.sysadmin) submitted 4 months ago by aa_reh. I'm looking to buy a desktop for use in my company. In these titles, the amount of RAM used in total ranges from 6.6GB to 11.3GB ( F1 2018 and The Division 2, respectively).